If there’s one good thing that came out of this snowstorm, it’s that I was able to drink all the wine while trapped in the house.
Nah, I’m kidding. I drink wine any time I want. Anywhere I want.
I was grateful for many things over the weekend.
- Having a house to protect me and my family from severe weather conditions.
- Being able-bodied enough to shovel out my car from under the snow.
- Sisters to talk about how handsome Obi-Wan Kenobi is.
- Listening to my mom’s advice and staying home Friday night.
- A stocked-up pantry full of chocolate cookies and blood oranges.
- Having time to knit a scarf.
- An understanding significant other.
- Saving up enough money to buy a phone, which I got to play over the weekend.
I don’t have pictures of the snowstorm because I learned that if you take your phone where there’s 2 feet of snow, it might will drop out of your hands and it will sink all the way to the bottom.
After 4 hours and 30 minutes of shoveling, my fingers don’t move the same way it used to. My phone may have survived, but my body has not.
I started writing this before the wine, and now I’m finished… It’s probably time for me to go.